17.3.09

Another rant & considering an apo


At the moment we are having a series of evenings that reveal some stars but are far from being clear enough for any serious photography. As a high pressure area dominates the weather it is apparent that the lack of clarity is mainly due to the many aircraft vapour trails that become diffuse and spread out to form a layer of obscuring cloud. With the general lack of clear nights it is frustrating that another man-made component adds itself to the pollution that we already have to contend with.

Although recent nights haven't been suitable for photography I have managed to experiment a bit with my 300mm lens to see if I can get better focus with it but results have been disappointing so I am now seriously considering getting a small apo for widefield imaging as my main scope is quite restricted for extended objects.

No comments: