5.12.12

A festive visit to Triangulum

It was becoming a long time since my equipment had any use so once a clear spell arrived I resolved to give it a check to see if all still worked OK. Once again the town's Christmas illuminations have been switched on so any attempt would be affected by the annual period of added broadband illumination.....I noticed I have never really made much of an attempt on M 33 in Triangulum so I decided to give it a try with the apo. The first sub revealed the usual washed-out appearance the festive lights inflict on any images. I may have mentioned before that the added pollution isn't that apparent to the naked eye but is very obvious to the camera. The resulting stack was quite disappointing so the processing had to be forced more than I would have liked to make much of the subject. Details: Megrez 88 apo. 15 x 8 minute exposures @ iso1600 with CLS in DSS, FIV, CS2 & XAT.

No comments: