22.11.11

300mm Pleiades

The last few weeks have been fairly unproductive with any clear opportunities being scarce. I did make an attempt at Jupiter while the moon was around but got nothing worth posting. With the town's Christmas lights being switched on this coming weekend and a 5 week spell of broadband illumination making things difficult oncemore I made an extra effort to get an image of some sort before the festive period starts. I haven't had much success with the Pleiades so far irrespective of scope or lens so I decided to try the group with my 300mm Tair lens this time. Despite intermittent cloud the transparency remained quite good and I was able to obtain a dozen reasonable subs. I was hoping for a bit more nebulosity but better conditions and deeper exposures required it seems. Details: Tair-3S 300mm@F5.6 . 12x 10 minutes @ iso1600 with CLS in DSS, FIV, CS2 & XAT.

No comments: