Though not expected I've found the additional guiding circuitry (2nd image) is giving me a much better insight into the behaviour of my autoguiding and it now looks certain that I do have an issue with flexure which is something I've always suspected but never been convinced of. Remedying the problem will mean another re-arrangement of my system as I think the cure will be to mount the guidescope directly onto the tube of the Newtonian. Definitely a job for some warmer weather which will hopefully arrive soon. With all the problems getting the additional electronics to work the new spider is slow to appear so I must get that finished ASAP before the collimation can be sorted. Although last night was moon affected and the transparency mediocre I did make an attempt at NGC 2264 (The Christmas Tree Cluster) and captured some of the blue nebulosity in its central region. Details: 10" f4.3 Newt. 12x 8minute exposures @ iso800 with CLS in DSS, CS2 & XAT.